okonomiyaki / お好み焼き
50g okonomiyaki flour
30g green onion
20g Japanese mountain yam
2 tbs tenkasu (bits of deep-fried tempura batter)
1 tbs dried baby shrimp
bonito flakes for topping
1tsp bonito stock powder (or broth)
1/8tsp baking powder
a sprinkle of salt
1. Add 1 tsp bonito stock powder, 1/8 tsp baking powder, and a sprinkle of salt in a bowl. Then pour 80ml water into the flour little by little in a large bowl.
2. Grate the Japanese yam and add it in the bowl (you can use yam powder instead).
3. Add the green onion, chopped cabbage, and egg. If you have tenkasu (bits of deep-fried tempura batter) or dried baby shrimp, add them in as well.
4. Coat a frying pan with oil and add the okonomiyaki mix. Cook it on medium heat for a minute.
5. Put a lid on the pan. Turn down the heat a little and cook for a few minutes.
6. When it browns the bottom, flip it.
7. When the other side browns, it's done!
8. Enjoy with okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, and bonito flakes!