fluffy omurice / ふわふわ卵の逆さオムライス
50g chicken thighs
150g cooked rice
80g demi-glace sauce (40g for the rice, and 40g for pouring on egg sheet at the end)
－Quick demi-glace sauce－
(It normally takes a day to make the sauce)
300ml hot water
10g bouillon (broth)
10g Fond de veau (if you don't have any, you don't have to add this)
1tbsp worcestershire sauce
20g onion paste
1. Melt the butter in a pot and add the flour.
2. Fry the flour for about 15 minutes. Make sure not to burn it.
3. Add the hot water and bouillon little by little and stir it well.
4. Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Mirin and onion paste.
5. Boil it for about 20 to 30 minutes and done.
1. Cook the rice.
2. Mince the onion.
3. Slice the skin of chicken off and set them aside. Cut the chicken into small chunks.
4. Fry the chicken skin on low heat and keep the leftover chicken oil in the pan.
5. Fry the chicken chunks with the chicken oil.
6. Add the minced onion, butter, cooked rice, and 4 - 5 tbsp of demi-glace sauce in the pan.
7. Shape the rice like a dome. You can use rice scooper to shape the rice as well.
8. Beat three eggs and strain it to make it smooth.
9. Coat a pan with oil and heat it up on high heat.
10. Draw a line with chopsticks you used for beating eggs on the pan and if the egg line cooks immediately, then it's ready.
11. Pour the beaten egg in the pan and stir the egg with chopsticks or spatula. When you stir, mix the side of the eggs into the center since the side part cooks quicker.
12. When the egg becomes somewhat thick, start folding to the side of the pan and make it oval shape.
13. Then flip the egg. It's easier to flip if you place a plate over the frying pan and then let the egg sheet drop onto the plate, then slide it back onto the pan the other way.
14. Place the egg onto the rice dome and slice it open.
!5. Pour the sauce on it and done!